Endlicheri update

Jakob

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
Iceland
A few? How long have you had him and have you always feed him pellets?

Sent from work
Nice looking pattern on him. Mine are around 10 inches now at the 6 month mark. Got them at 1.5-2 inches. How long have you had him?
I got him in August 2010. So I've had him almost 2 years now. I've always fed him pellets mostly, sometimes frozen shrimp.

Jakob

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2008
Iceland
Wow, that IS some slow growth. He looks great though.
Yeah, I don't plan on getting rid of him. He's my favorite fish in the tank.

But concerning bichirs that have unusually slow growth. Over the years, do they normally reach some decent size?
I haven't been able to take good enough care of my tank this summer because of constant work. So water changes haven't been as much as they should and not much feeding.
But now Im starting on feeding a lot and large water changes, Im hoping for him to reach like 16-18" in a couple of years.

kevinfleming21

Jurassic Aquatics
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2010
Chandler, AZ
Yeah, I don't plan on getting rid of him. He's my favorite fish in the tank.

But concerning bichirs that have unusually slow growth. Over the years, do they normally reach some decent size?
I haven't been able to take good enough care of my tank this summer because of constant work. So water changes haven't been as much as they should and not much feeding.
But now Im starting on feeding a lot and large water changes, Im hoping for him to reach like 16-18" in a couple of years.
Even if he is growing slow, as long as he is growing he should reach that mark in time.

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
Jakob, is your endli WC or CB? My CB endli is about 1.5 yrs old and seem to be around the same growth rate as your endli. Sometimes I think genetic might play a factor on how big the fish will get. I wonder if my endli will achieve 16".

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

cullens089

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2007
Canton,Michigan
i love the dark coloring on your endli

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store