"Enough is Enough, I've had it with this ALJAE!"

The1and only

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2008
San Diego
SO I battled algae in my nano then in my 60 and I found the best cheapest way is to build a cheap ATS for instructions on a bucket style on go here.

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180385&highlight=mega+powerful

Every week I would take a tooth brush and get any algae off my rock work. It took me about two months to be algae free.

cooking your rock is an option but more time, work, and money than building a ATS

Also remember that phosphates are stored in your LR and in the algae so test kits may come up with low numbers but still have unwanted growth. Since your LR will take some time to leech out all the phosphates there is no quick cure here and choosing a course of action and sticking to it for at least two months is the way to go.

RegalAngel

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2009
The Redwood Reef
Pazzoman;4475805; said:
Thread title say's it all, how can i get rid of the annoying algae all over my tank, i get rid of it. Then in a day it all comes back even on the decorations!

HELP

I'll keep this simple and short for you.......

AlgaeFix

I add it every three days to my 300g FO setup...no algae!

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Need pictures...algae ID...water params...photo period...water change/maitenence schedule...and what sort of hardware you are running on this tank. Then we can help.

No point in boiling your rock...if ATS stands for "auto topoff system" that also makes no sense. Algae is easy to fix...we just need to know whats going on in your tank.

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
I will test the water tomorrow, because it's getting late and i have to get some sleep because of school and work lol.....high school sucks, but we live to learn

Heathd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Myteemouse;4551543; said:
brown blanket type algae every day
I can bet you , 95 to 1 it's your water your using , GET AN RODI filter and do %10 every week, and it =should clear up in a few weeks I had this problem on my sand a bit when my RODI filters were old..
I get it, its not awful or over bearing though, and I use RODI water. He could just as easily fix it with a generic reactor and pump with some GFO since I am sure it is phosphate related.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store