Epic Rescue!!!

JesusFish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2010
Monroe, WA
So power went out at my house Wednesday night, 20 minutes after My wife and I got home from the hospital. We had our first baby on Monday afternoon, Abigail was born at 2:00 pm. Anyways we get home and due to a foot of snow the power went out. So we had to evacuate to her parents house. Hours later, still no power at home. So my father-in-law and I launched a rescue mission at nine o'clock at night. It took an hour to net all my fish out of my 46 gallon tank and get them all loaded in the car. The water was probably between 40-45 degrees F. (Freezing Cold.) Got them to my In-Laws, got the water heated up, and sponge filter set up in there temporary trash can home. Didn't lose one fish. Epic rescue mission.

:)

Sorry the photos are from a camera phone.

Kaosu

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 8, 2010
Washington State
congrats on the baby!!! we demand pics!

and Awesome rescue! no Popsicle fish!

nfored

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2008
Missouri
congrates on your first I still remember the excitement of mine like it was yesterday. good save on the fish that's a huge fear of mine loss of her in the winter, I have had two 14+ hour power outages thank goodness it was summer. I can stir the water til the cows come home but I have ni idea how I would keep the water warm.

again double congrates

Hellman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2010
Rotterdam
Very Beautiful they grow so quick tho my daughter is 3 yrs old now and it doesn't feel like time went that quick and my son is a yr old and man they just grow quick

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store