BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
I stumbled upon this video and in it a fish breeder shows some very interesting and beautiful fish.
Starting around the 20 minute mark he mentions a small breed of Festae he calls Equatorial Festae
Anyone have any information of these? I personally have never heard of them. His claim is it’s a small breed of Festae that only get 4 inches.

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
It looks like a pretty cool Festae. Have you emailed him about them?
No I haven’t. I have Festae already.
I was just curious about his claims.
I can’t kind any information about them.

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
I only watched 5mins in with no sound. Those clowns look gorgeous. I need a shop set up like that:p

neutrino

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2013
Mid-Atlantic, US
Watched about half the video (skipped parts of it). He seems to have a nice operation. I've been on his website and didn't see anything shady. Prices are reasonable, descriptions of fish are (mostly) accurate. I've seen them get good reviews.

Can't speak to his 'dwarf festae', maybe he has a misidentified (or unidentified) fish he or his exporter thinks is festae that grows to the size he says.

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
I think he's full of it
This was my thought as well. I try to give everything the benefit of a doubt.
I don’t know everything and new species are still being found.
I’m just skeptical about this one. But I’ve been wrong before so.....

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
If there was some mini festae this guy wouldn't be the first time we ever heard of it... No such fish exists. I get a very shady feeling from his video.
Yeah I get what you’re saying I’m skeptical but I won’t go as far to say shady just yet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store