eshopps 1800 overflow owners

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
Just a word of caution - I bought 1.5" spqflex pvc for just that reason. Its hardly flexible. Thats why I went hard plumbing with all the goofy sweeping 45's

Your best bet is to get it hot so it softens up and is more pliable. Really hot almost boiling water can do the trick.

The 1.5" flex pvc is a little unruly so you may wanna plan to attach it to the stand with some pipe hangers or pipe straps. It doesn't like to keep it's shape.

You should be ok just doing a slight run from the overflow to the sump, but don't expect any tight bends

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

rob1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 9, 2012
ontario canada
Just a word of caution - I bought 1.5" spqflex pvc for just that reason. Its hardly flexible. Thats why I went hard plumbing with all the goofy sweeping 45's

Your best bet is to get it hot so it softens up and is more pliable. Really hot almost boiling water can do the trick.

The 1.5" flex pvc is a little unruly so you may wanna plan to attach it to the stand with some pipe hangers or pipe straps. It doesn't like to keep it's shape.

You should be ok just doing a slight run from the overflow to the sump, but don't expect any tight bends

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
ya I don't really need to make much of a bend really... basically a small bend/loop inside the stand then small bend inside my stand to heads toward the sump maybe 30deg bends .... but if I don't feel it is very flexible like I want then I wont be buying it. pool and spa place down the street here going to check it out and see how "flexible" it is and whether I think it will work or not but yea, if it isn't enough then im going to HAVE to hard plumb it and try using only a few elbows hopefully just 2 90's and 2 45's is all id need per pipe to get inside the sump if hard plumbed... I do have some farmer strapping I can cut and attach the pipe In a few sections if needed

rob1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 9, 2012
ontario canada
I also wondered about just putting some mesh vinyl hose over top of the pipe that comes out of the overflow box and double clamping it since it isn't under pressure .... Might even be cheaper to use hose then flexible and rigid pvc pipe

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
I use 1 1/2" pond flex on ours. Ours are side mounted boxes and sumps though. Hand tightened into the bulkheads.

We pull our boxes often when we have fry in these tanks and pulling them is very easy this way.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

rob1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 9, 2012
ontario canada
Ya the over I have hangs on back of the tank with 1.5" slip bulkheads.... So I could get 1.5" pvc pipe glue it in slip joint of bulk fitting and then sque a mesh vinyl hose over top of the 1.5" pvc pipe and double clamp it and have it dump into the sump would that ?? Since it isn't under pressure and such

rob1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 9, 2012
ontario canada
yea I ended up doing the flexible pvc pipe I got it from local shop that uses it for spas, and pools.... slightly flexible when warm doesn't bend when cold at all lol was cheaper to do this then hard pipe and any other hose I could find anywere around here... just glueing some fittings and strapping it in and test fitting everything and then hopefully start and try the entire system 2morrow I don't like waiting for the glue to dry tho lol boring and sucks wish it dried within mins and was able to use in mins lol

soupa2

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2007
cyn
i just used hose clamp for all changing from and to pvc.. pump i just lipped it into their barb-let so i was good.. the 1.5" hose i got it from Home Depot for spa use and the 1" hose i got it from my local fish store.. i just brought a long section and cut it in half.. i think they used it for wet dry sump where both ends requires slip ends..

rob1984

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 9, 2012
ontario canada
ya I bought this hose from pool and spa place down the road from me for 2.99/ft cheapest I can find even cheaper then reg hose at like home depot/rona/home hardware etc etc etc...... but I have a male barb in the hose (stupid tight fit) male 1.5" end to slip inside the 90deg elbows that drop in the sump and I used stainless gear clamps they used for pools did some test runs and all is good no leaks prolly take some pics and post em 2morrow once everything is finalized and all in

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store