Ever been bitten by a snake?

RadleyMiller

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Delaware
www.myspace.com
AquataHolic420;612842; said:
no one likes my snake pics? this thing was viscous!
That's because water snakes are nasty as $h!t. I haven't been bitten by any snakes, just a few lizards, porcupine, oppossum, and almost got bitten in the face by a blue and gold macaw.

pete620

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2005
Ohio
The trick to getting use to bite is to expect it to happen. I agree with venomous keepers: its not if you get bit... its when you get bit.

My worst is a tie between a 2 foot rescue savanah monitor, and a great horned owl through a welding glove.

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
MDC_Leviathan;612941; said:
Not really...I kinda feel sorry for the snake. Must hurt having that hook in its mouth.
That is a gorgeous snake! Almost looks like the kingsnakes that are down in Florida. Very kewl! My dad breeds snakes, red tailed boas, burmese pythons, king snakes, corn, milksnakes and sand boas. I have to say the burmese hurt the MOST to get bitten by. Those huge curved back teeth, oooo weee! They TEAR YOU UP!! Almost had to get stiches once...haha, that sucker really let into me that day.

I've had a rattlesnake bite my boot, haha...i was trying to catch it, so i lifted my boot so it would attack it and distract it cuz they can't strike twice very fast. You could see the imprint and the venom on my boot! Good thing they were steel toed eh? :ROFL:

Worst lizard bite would have to be from a Tokay gecko!! Those things are like pitbulls with amazing crushing power! Gaaaliee it hurt!!

Finally, my sister has been bitten by just about everything, from spiders, to squirrels, to deer (strange I know). Her weirdest one though is she got a painted turtle attached to her chin. She thought it was cute, so she was gettin all up in its Kool-aid, next thing she knew....bam! Turtle hangin from her chin! 5 stiches later she was a happy camper!

thamunsta

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2005
the dark abyss
i was catching a garter snake when i was about 5. it bit me and i bled, i thought nothing of it but my mother seemd to think i was going to die, haha she called poison control and washed it with peroxide.

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
gtp got me

me_wee_todded

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2006
Permian Basin
www.myspace.com
been bit by a small rattle snake probably a prairie. damn thing didnt even rattle just struck out and latched on. then i blew its head off with my 12. guage it was sweet. cause then we fried it up.

RadleyMiller

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Delaware
www.myspace.com
me_wee_todded;618750; said:
been bit by a small rattle snake probably a prairie. damn thing didnt even rattle just struck out and latched on. then i blew its head off with my 12. guage it was sweet. cause then we fried it up.

dry bite?

I hope you don't go to rattlesnake roundups, they are the stupidest things I have ever heard of. Poor rattlers.

me_wee_todded

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2006
Permian Basin
www.myspace.com
got my boot. oh yes there was venom. the nearest rattle snake round up is about 80 miles away. my family just cooks everything we kill. i shot a squirrel in my back yard. and guess what i taxidermed the head and then cooked it. it was real good.

RadleyMiller

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Delaware
www.myspace.com
me_wee_todded;618840; said:
got my boot. oh yes there was venom. the nearest rattle snake round up is about 80 miles away. my family just cooks everything we kill. i shot a squirrel in my back yard. and guess what i taxidermed the head and then cooked it. it was real good.

you made it sound like it bit you. I hate people that get a dry bite and think they are invincible. Most people bitten by rattlesnakes are drunk.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store