Ever been nagged at for having too many tanks?

Joecool44

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2015
New Jersey
Ok this is sort of a funny topic anyone put their ever get nagged for having too many tanks? I'm a high school student and my mom constantly nags me about having too many tanks I have 5 at the moment but what she doesn't know is that I'm getting a 300 gallon soon lol, sort of me and my dad's secret lol

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Lol, I'm springing another tank on my gf today, may not be nice, I'll let you know :)
It's only a QT tank, I should be good :/

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Ok this is sort of a funny topic anyone put their ever get nagged for having too many tanks? I'm a high school student and my mom constantly bags at me about having too many tanks I have 5 at the moment but what she doesn't know is tht I'm getting a 300 gallon soon lol, sort of me and my dad's secret lol

I'm in high school too. My parents love the saltwater fish and hate the freshies but as the old saying goes "out of sight out of mind" I just keep them in my bedroom.

I only have 5 tanks running but have been up to ten with the majority in the main family room being quarantined and they wanted to see everyone and ensure they all lived. But when i bring out another freshwater tank they flip.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I'm constantly being nagged but if it wasn't the tanks and fish she'd think of summit to nag about anyway ;):D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

EricJ7182

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2011
Jersey
I get nagged by everyone in my family about my tanks lol. My wife nags me about it but then says she likes the fish when I try to sell any of the ones I have. My Dad's been on me for years like you'll never get married with all these tanks lol.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I was, my answer to it was to go fewer but bigger. 2 75s to a 145 to go along with the 180 and the 40g grow tank.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
My parents always say I have to many but they both love the tanks. I'm in high school and currently have 12 setups ranging from 0.25 gallons to 75 gallons. Soon I'll also be getting a 125 gallon and either another 75g or a 500-800 gallon indoor pond.

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Lol, I'm springing another tank on my gf today, may not be nice, I'll let you know :)
It's only a QT tank, I should be good :/
The QT went well, but then she gets all weird when she realizes it's time for more fish. Did she think I was interested in growing algae?? :/

robert511

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2013
orange county ca
I am always nagged and I am down to 1 tank 469gal it's a **** store to even setup a hospital tank or a grow out so since my sump is 125 gal I use that as a grow out lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
Op curious how you pay for the 5 tanks when you're in hs? Do your parents help you financially with them or do you work and cover the expenses yourself? When I was a senior in high school I bought a 55 set up with a part time job but at that time in my life I had so many other things to spend my money on (going out, girls, music, college savings etc.) How do you swing it?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store