Exoticfishshop (Orino Growout Thread)

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
Got these (6) orinos from exoticfish shop. Going to post here monthly for progress pics.

Set Up
40 Gallon Breeder
Canister Filter
Co2 (planted tank)
Tank temp 81

6 orinos roughly 3" currently. They eat a wide range of pellets and frozen shrimp.
IMG_8967.jpegIMG_8968.jpegIMG_8969.jpegIMG_8970.jpegIMG_8972.jpegIMG_8973.jpegIMG_8971.jpeg

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Very nice looking group of O's,they are in my top two favorite cichla species.....please keep us updated on their progress.

Reactions: bassinmike85

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
Thanks dude. orinos are ine of my top favs as well. Loving how this group is turning out for sure. I will try and update once a month. eap since orinos tend to grow slow but their patterns are already changing as well. for their small size still they definitely are looking like candy.

Very nice looking group of O's,they are in my top two favorite cichla species.....please keep us updated on their progress.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Thanks dude. orinos are ine of my top favs as well. Loving how this group is turning out for sure. I will try and update once a month. eap since orinos tend to grow slow but their patterns are already changing as well. for their small size still they definitely are looking like candy.
Cool,I don't recall the name of the subspecies but there is one in which the adults take on a green coloring and have the three big spots along both sides of the body as opposed to the diamond like patterning....they are the O's that I really like but they have been seldom offered by vendors over the years.

Reactions: bassinmike85

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
something like this?
IMG_9480.jpeg

Cool,I don't recall the name of the subspecies but there is one in which the adults take on a green coloring and have the three big spots along both sides of the body as opposed to the diamond like patterning....they are the O's that I really like but they have been seldom offered by vendors over the years.

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
That's how i am hoping these turn out since they arent showing that diamond shape ocellets on the sides of them. I was watching a YT fishing in the amazon video a while back and they were catching all types of orinos in this one river it was crazy. i thought well have always thought certain patterns meant different collection points.

Oh yes,I had the pleasure of keeping a few a while back when Wes brought some in.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store