Experience with Pondmaster Mag Drive Pump

DEVIANT NATION

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2013
USA
Thank you all very much this all is very helpful. Seems I may have been a little overly concerned but better safe than sorry. Thanks!

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
They are great pumps. Only got rid of mine to go with something bigger. I would second the vibration point, but other than that, flawless operation.

DEVIANT NATION

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2013
USA
They are great pumps. Only got rid of mine to go with something bigger. I would second the vibration point, but other than that, flawless operation.

Seems there are quite a few people I have heard say they can be a little noisy. Do any of you have suggestions for other pumps that you feel work as good, last as long, and are in the same gallon per hour range, that you feel are more quite or have less vibrations???

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
I've used them and they are a bit noisey. Power hogs too compared to Rios, Lagunas and any dc pump.

They are bulletproof but I switched mine out for Rios and Diablos and dropped tank temps substantially. I fight heat in Florida and they had to go.

They do last decades though....

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

DEVIANT NATION

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2013
USA
Well I was traveling and found a fish store where they had a danner mag drive 1800 and they matched the internet price so I now own one. Cant wait to try it out. Thanks again for everyone's input.

sabmakj21

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2014
Hawaii
I would second the vibration point, but other than that, flawless operation.
I put a piece of filter pad under my danners. It absorbs the vibration and noise. I have one running in my bedroom and it's quite enough to sleep with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
The pond store in my area SWEARS by Pondmaster. They are twice the price of Laguna and worth every penny to a pond owner. But....we use pumps in aquaria, not ponds, so the price premium paid for reliable performance in extremely punishing conditions (sand, gravel, pieces of twigs, gritty mud and soil) is wasted on our relatively pristine water conditions. But, if you pay for Pondmaster pumps, you get a 5 year warranty from the manufacturer. You can expect them to run reliably for decades.

BearFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2014
Ohio
Are these pump any good as an external pump? They are sold as submersible or external, but from what I've been reading it sounds like I will be happier with them used as a submersible. Any comments?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store