"Extinct" River Dolphin Spotted in China

ShadowBass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2007
Poplar Bluff, MO
I'm surprised there's any left considering the state of China's waterways.

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
Arachnar;1109796; said:
I think it would be cool to have a freshwater dolphin,to bad most don't seem to appreciate it.
Most people in Idaho probably don't care too much about certain endemic species... it's almost like it's not as special if its not "exotic" to us.

ShadowBass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2007
Poplar Bluff, MO
davo;1109960; said:
Most people in Idaho probably don't care too much about certain endemic species... it's almost like it's not as special if its not "exotic" to us.
Sad but true. I know a whole ton of people that would be saddened or outraged to hear about an endagered species in another country all the way on the other side of the world, but have absolutely no regard for the wildlife in their own backyard.

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
We can only hope the baijis' population will be restored.:)

jason longboard

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2007
california
an amazing find huh,it makes me think of the mountain gorillas and how some punks just shoot them in boredom,supposedly its the soldiers around their habitat that do this when there is no action,there are funding sites you can help fund more watch guards throughout the forest but who knows how legit,its like 500 bucks for a 1 hour licence to be near them,would be an awsome trip though.poor dolphins,i hope they wise up and figure something out.only 700 of the gorillas left,2 of those dolphins,blows my mind.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store