Fader to share

pug

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 28, 2008
Oregon
Well, time for an update. The fry are growing very fast, a few are really putting on the size. I tried to get some pics, but they were hard to get clearly and cleanly. I guess I will clean the glass next time. They look like most any other flowerhorn fry at this small size, but they are getting some color and a few pearls. It should be interesting to see how many fade or if any end up looking like a midas.

pug

fry1.jpg

fry2.jpg

fry3.jpg

fry4.jpg

fry5.jpg

pug

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 28, 2008
Oregon
I now have the male fader paired with a very red female I got several months ago from Cooler (the pictures are his). I tried pairing her with him 2 time before, but he beat her near death both times. Took her a good month each time to recover. They finally seem happy, and I got a very small spawn from them of about 15 fry. Hopefully they will make it. I would like to see some transference of her red to the fry, and have his fading. She also has a considerable nuchal hump (kok).

pug

post-917-1233392759_thumb.jpg

Jory

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2008
las vegas, NV
pug;3432596; said:
I now have the male fader paired with a very red female I got several months ago from Cooler (the pictures are his). I tried pairing her with him 2 time before, but he beat her near death both times. Took her a good month each time to recover. They finally seem happy, and I got a very small spawn from them of about 15 fry. Hopefully they will make it. I would like to see some transference of her red to the fry, and have his fading. She also has a considerable nuchal hump (kok).

pug

View attachment 404222
now THIS should be interesting! please do keep us posted, like you always do. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store