Fahaka: The gateway puffer.

Chitala Ornata Mama

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2012
Phoenix
I wonder if its because if the type of fish being fed to them? Coz in nature surely they must eat a fair amount of unwary fish?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I've always wondered that, too. In the wild, they couldn't control their diets at all. They would have to eat what was available. They also would certainly not have access to a lot of the shell fish and such we feed them.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Although i guess come to think about it, what the feeders eat is what the predator essentially eats... So maybe that could effect things?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Pufferpunk

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Chicago
www.**************.com
Feeder goldfish is what I'm referring to. Not a good food for ANY fish.

Chitala Ornata Mama

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2012
Phoenix
Well, they would be like eating doughnuts from a dumpster. They're still food, just not the healthiest choice, and there is a good chance they'll make you sick. They might, they might not. It's a crap shoot. If I really needed food for my fish, and that's what was handy, I'd use it. Thankfully, I have better choices.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
nope.. not addicted... actually just traded in my fahaka. Will i own another one? i hope so... but life outside of the hobby comes first sometimes. giving up fish stinks... but loseing them from lack of time imo is worse. def one of the fish worthy ofntheir own tank space.

Chitala Ornata Mama

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2012
Phoenix
That sucks. I'm honestly sad for you. It must have been a really tough thing. Hopefully everything will calm down and you will be able to get back into the swing of things. We came through a rough patch recently, too, so I totally get it.
nope.. not addicted... actually just traded in my fahaka. Will i own another one? i hope so... but life outside of the hobby comes first sometimes. giving up fish stinks... but loseing them from lack of time imo is worse. def one of the fish worthy ofntheir own tank space.

spooked25

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2011
azusa
I feed my GSP anything with a shell. He/she will eat clams, muscles, hermit crabs, Live shrimp to store bought, blood worms live/frozen. doesn't seem to have any effect. But then again i have only had him for close to a year now.

Chitala Ornata Mama

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2012
Phoenix
I need to find some teeny tiny clams for Zelda. I found some super freezer burned frozen ones at a lfs, but they wanted wayyyy too much for what they were offering.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store