Fancy Goldfish Pictures

LurkMcgurk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2009
tennessee
hey i have a question for anyone that knows. My sister has 2 ponds with multiple koi and goldfish, she has found one in there that looks like its a mix between a koi and a goldfish, is that possible? i will try to post a pic of it tonight.

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
LurkMcgurk;3106707; said:
hey i have a question for anyone that knows. My sister has 2 ponds with multiple koi and goldfish, she has found one in there that looks like its a mix between a koi and a goldfish, is that possible? i will try to post a pic of it tonight.
i think it is possible.. in my opinion.... but we will wait for someone with expertise in this field to reply..love to see the pic of it.

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Louie;3107284; said:
Real nice. How do they survive the winter? Do you lose any when pond freezes?
they all go inside to pond in basement... babies and all..each summer there are always a few babies... the oldest goldies are 9 years old... never lost any...thanks...:D

LurkMcgurk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2009
tennessee
i tried to get pics but the monster moves too much for my cam. i will try again with a diff cam next time i go. but the best way to describe him is he has the head of a koi and the body of a comet goldfish. and is a real dark silver color.

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
They have hybridize before. They just look like fat Goldfish with barbels most of the time. Some say that Butterfly Koi are part of the result of Goldfish/Koi hybridization.

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
It's actually possible and has been done numerous times. My fellow AC staff, Flaringshutter keeps a hybrid she named, Sygnus. See this thread for indepth researches on hybrids. You'll see Sygnus there for the first time!
http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188053

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
Here are my new ping pong pearlscales, Puff and Bubbles.:D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store