Fastest Breeding / Feeder fish?

wonword

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2008
St. Paul, MN
im sure many fish that your monster eats in its natrural habitat have a piny dorsal fin, most cichlids and sunfish do . . . i think thats why fish naturally try to eat their fish head first? thought they sometimes dont

Druu

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2007
Notre Dame, IN
Spines on the dorsal fins of convicts are more of a problem as they get larger. If you're feeding as fry, it should not be a problem.

If you're doing livebearers, I'd recommend stuffing a bit of java moss into the tank. For a head start, when selecting initial stock from the LFS, look for the pregnant females and buy those.

Kevin Greif

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2008
Baltimore
get a small tank, a crappy little heater and filter, gravel, few plants.. and put a hell as many guppys, platys and mollys in as you can!
i tried this and i have had very little luck with it. the guppies do not reproduse as well as i had wished, definetly not enough so that i have a constant supply.
and another thing to think about is that you dont want to be feeding a 200 dollar fish with just live feeder fish, because of all the diseas and sicknesses they can spread. so look into using safer food supplies for such an expensive fish.

icecube

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 22, 2007
INDIA
better breed feeder gold.
they give hundreds of fry and are easy to raise.

tyler-f

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2008
dawson creak B.C
i breed guppies for my two O's my setup is 2 10 gal tanks one for the adults to do there thing and the other for babies to grow . onc a female is ready to give birth into the babie tank she gos till done giving birth then back to other tank for more fish fornication lol

fobrinkle

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2008
Michigan
Adam-011;1590231; said:
A feeder Gold fish is a Comet Goldfish Correct? Dont they take 2-3 Years to mature? But when they hit that size they produce masses of Babys
What's needed to get the comets to breed? and how big is a breeder size?

bluestarjazz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2008
akron, ohio
I would not breed goldfish they are not good feeders for most tropical fish and need alot of space they are messy and can get a foot long. my advice stick to guppys, mollys , platys , convicts or the like.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store