Fed up with multiple tanks!

Allan01230

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2006
Michigan
I enjoy my 33 gallon barb tank sold my 5 other ones. Enjoy the hobby so much more as I go to differant fish stores and like visiting differant fish websites. but the one tank works great for me. I had almost every kind of freshwater fish over the years and the activeness of the barbs works for me.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I have 15 tanks up and running at the moment, because they are on 3 sumps, changing water on all 15, is basically like changing water on 3 tanks.
Open a valve, water out to the yard, close it, open another, water goes into sumps.
Not much time at all unless I forget to close the in, then I have a flood, and that takes some time.
The float valve (red thing on the left) buys me some time, because it "mostly" closes when sump is full, the red float presses against the influent.

Jhncf

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2014
Scotland
The thing is, I know that 'll sell all of these tanks then likely end up buying more eventually.. I'll probably keep the 55 in reserve incase one of my aggressive cichlids become too much in the main tank and it can moved to that. I've been pretty fed up with it all recently but I just found and bought 4 cichla and my 260 will be here on Saturday so this has me really excited.

importracer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2005
NorthernCalifornia
Multiple tanks allow the keeping of multiple species...........Plus, breeding individual species in their own tank allows breeding to be accomplished without any stress of mixture of other species.............Multiple also means allowance of hospital tanks ready to go when needed..........My privacy of being a keeper allows me to flow this way of thinking......

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I tried keeping an empty 100 for a hospital tank. HA........it's full now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store