Feed us!!

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
You can always tell when it's feeding time in my tank. My clown loach, which are usually pretty chilled out, will come to life, which sets off everyone else. The end product is a tankful of crazy darting about fish.

My GG can't cope with the excitement so he takes himself off into a peaceful corner away from the madness, lol.

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Gotta love those Filament Barbs. :)

Reactions: esoxlucius

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Gotta love those Filament Barbs. :)
Yeah, they're a great fish if you want plenty of activity at all levels of the tank. Though I soon found out when they were in my planted 180g that when they reach a certain size they start eating everything that's green!! They were a nightmare.

I have six of them and noticed a while ago now that they ALL developed spawning tubercles on their heads, which would suggest I have all males, unless someone knows whether females get these tubercles too, but i'm pretty sure they don't.

There's plenty of lip locking and general tussling too, which would also suggest they're all males. They still get some beautiful colouration on their flanks though, even though there aren't any females to flirt with!!

Unless I have homosexual filament barbs that are flirting with one another, lol.

Reactions: jjohnwm

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
...not that there's anything wrong with that...:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store