feeding aro's

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
rottbo said:
it was funny untill i caught him doing it to my violet goby then i had to chase him around the tank to get him to let go and i had to eventually grab him pry his mouth open and pull the half dead goby out he only lasted another hour then died
That sucks man. I had one of my aros eat a 3" clown knife. I had thought the clown was large enough... aparently not.

jenBLKAROWANA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
My Black Aro ate my 7" Pom Pom knife.....The only fish I have ever lost to choking was a Bichir....It was just a little guy, about 4", and he tried to eat a feeder that was too big for him....we found him dead the next morning with it sticking half way out of his mouth....poor little guy!

Jen ;)

yuppa

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 14, 2005
aro's have such huge mouth, its very unlikely they will choke on anything. If they do go after something too big, you should be able to notice it in distress and pull it out manually :p

One thing I have noticed tho, is an aro *can* get sick if it eats too much, and partially digested feeders or bugs sittin in the tank will make the water foul pretty fast.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store