Feeding babies?

bettacreek

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2008
Pennsylvania
We have several bichirs here, mostly around 6 inches. We have 2 ornates, 2 laps (they were labeled as goldens, but I'm pretty sure they're laps) and an albino senegal. Anyways, I'd like to know what everyone else feeds their baby bichirs... I've tried several different foods, all have some type of drawback. The best I've currently found is shrimp, but I'd like to find something that I don't have to cut up (I can barely stand touching or smelling the shrimp) that I can just plop into the tank when I'm being lazy. Once in a blue moon, they get frozen bloodworms, but shrimp is their main diet, with occasional frozen feeder fish or culled guppies and bettas. What does everyone else feed their babies? Thanks in advance! I'm thinking about trying Ed's Almost Natural [ almostnaturaltropicalfishfood.com ] shrimp pellets or something, has anyone else tried this for bichirs?

beblondie

In Loving Memory
Mar 31, 2005
chicagoland
bloodworms,silversides,cocktail shrimp,earthworms and hakari sinking carnivore pellets-Anne

Druu

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2007
Notre Dame, IN
Shrimp pellets work. I've been feeding mine a diet of omega one sinking shrimp pellets. Supplementing with raw pollock fillet and feeders.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store