Feeding live fish is illegal...

Ian21777

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2012
England
Keep in mind, you don't NEED to keep ANY fish at all.
Activists could push legislation to ban this entirely, because they believe nobody has any business keeping fish.
or dogs, or cats, or pets of any kind.
You can not satisfy peoples' desire to control others by caving in and adopting their reasoning. Doing that simply justifies their need for more and further limits & exclusions. Most of what drives their pursuits is not really about animals, but self-blinded hypocrisy.
I don't think you can compare domestic animals with what are essentially wild. Where, out of interest, do you draw the line? Should we be allowed to keep any animal we like, provided we feel we can keep it in a way befitting? what about in other walks of life? Who should decide what is acceptable. At least in UK and USA we get some say in who runs things. Of course it doesn't help that ime most politicians are more interested in feathering their own nests than remembering what they've promised.

So commercially fishing wild caught ocean fish to be used in fish food... Good? Feeding purpose bred feeders in fish tank... bad?

I've already said I don't give a crap either way. But I by no means think it's the same. Im just repeating myself now and you're repeating yourself and it's going round in circles. One is government controlled/regulated, one is not.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
I am glad you know what is going on here Ecoli too many people can't see what the activists are doing and how they are running the country. Ian you are right we could all become vegans but we would get sick and die. People are omnivores we need meat and vegetables a balanced diet to live a healthy life.
I am not trying to be mean Ian but take a hard look at what these activists are doing. We were put on this earth to care for the animals not make them equal to us or for that matter more important than us. Trust me activists get there way our governments are afraid that these few little noisy people are the whole country. My concern was Ian that you are not aware of how agreeing with this live fish for food debate goes a lot further. You are right some animals and what not shouldn't be pets. Too many people for example get a tiger and think it is a house cat they are far from it. You can never trust a big cat but people are stupid and think oh hes my friend we have a bond he will never hurt me. Wrong he will kill you. So you are right Ian we need rules but we need common sense more.

Ian21777

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2012
England
I am glad you know what is going on here Ecoli too many people can't see what the activists are doing and how they are running the country. Ian you are right we could all become vegans but we would get sick and die. People are omnivores we need meat and vegetables a balanced diet to live a healthy life.
I am not trying to be mean Ian but take a hard look at what these activists are doing. We were put on this earth to care for the animals not make them equal to us or for that matter more important than us. Trust me activists get there way our governments are afraid that these few little noisy people are the whole country. My concern was Ian that you are not aware of how agreeing with this live fish for food debate goes a lot further. You are right some animals and what not shouldn't be pets. Too many people for example get a tiger and think it is a house cat they are far from it. You can never trust a big cat but people are stupid and think oh hes my friend we have a bond he will never hurt me. Wrong he will kill you. So you are right Ian we need rules but we need common sense more.
I'm not a vegetarian, or a vegan. I agree we are omnivores, I never said otherwise. However there are plenty of vegetarians and vegans that don't get sick and die.
I don't think for 1 second we were put on this earth to take care of animals. Or even 'put on this earth' necessarily- but we can't discuss that. If we were we are doing a lousy job.
Im gonna try and say it 1 more time, cus it seems to fall unnoticed- I think its a stupid law, I don't agree with it. I've fed live fish myself in the past if needed. That being said I don't think that not being able to feed live is of any detriment to me so I don't think these activists I keep hearing of have won much of a victory. Is it just the tip of the iceburg? Will it lead to more stringent controls on other animals? Or is it just conspiracy theory paranoia? Only time will tell. I truly don't see though, a time when pets will be outlawed and im living on aubergine and reconstituted protein paste.

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
Sorry I missed that you thought the law was stupid. How ever I think you are wrong that these activists are not winning out. My family has personally witnessed it and when the dust settled the government confessed to caving to public pressure. The public was a group of about 12 animal rights activists. Again I am sorry Ian I don't want to make any enemies here. All I know is how easy it is to be misled by these groups.

Ian21777

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2012
England
Sorry I missed that you thought the law was stupid. How ever I think you are wrong that these activists are not winning out. My family has personally witnessed it and when the dust settled the government confessed to caving to public pressure. The public was a group of about 12 animal rights activists. Again I am sorry Ian I don't want to make any enemies here. All I know is how easy it is to be misled by these groups.
No enemies here. I can't speak for the activists though. I think they may be out to get you lol. Seriously though, personally, I'm not about to get sucked in by what some animal rights person sells, I can make up my own mind- of course if she was really hot...

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
I've notice lately at lfs around here in America when you buy any fish they ask you what its for. As long as you don't say its not a feeder they will likely sell it.

That's kind of messed up that fish a keeper creates/breeds can't feed them or do what they want.....

Most cases flakes/pellets/fillet are much better choices for nutrition (especially for a beginner fk) but home bred fish fed a optimal diet are just as good if not better being a whole fish with NO fillers, just flesh/bones/meat!

But then the fish fillets or shrimp we feed them is basically the same thing as a feeder.

Don't quite understand it myself but if it keeps a inexperienced fk from feeding his Oscar goldfish instead of pellets then amen!

×Go S. Vettel #1 Infiniti Redbull! 4x WDC!!! Congrats on another flawless title and 9 wins back to back in 1 season (record!) See you next year in Australia boys!×

Cheap way to decrease nitrates and keep your fish healthy: http://monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=504763

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
I personally believe the closer to natural we can feed any animal the healthier it will be. Commercially prepared food are cooked then all the goodness they lost being cooked is hopefully replaced. Just think what is inside of a living fish or insect. Everything that is in fish food but in a fresh natural form.
The debate about taking fish or animals from the wild to have as pets or whatever is absurd a lot of species today only exist because they are raised in captivity. No not everybody should be allowed to own just any animal because too many people have no idea what they are getting them selves into.
I like to use lions or tigers for an example but monkeys should be added here, these pets seem to go bad of the most note. Did they go bad no they were just being themselves but they were raised by a person and thought that person was one of them. Guess what happens when they act as they do and a person is on the receiving bad news. So maybe we don't need laws we just need people to use their head not every animal can be a pet. They can however be kept in captivity and given respect for their instincts and strength.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store