Feeding?

CaymanMoon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
I can't find blackworms? The store where I bought them may have them, but it's over an hour away, not doable today so I found bloodwork. I bought frozen and dried. I hope those are good to feed them.

As far as the other fish, they are cheap tank fillers we bought to get the tank started, I wish they would become food LOL.

I'm on the way back from the store with the bloodworms now so cross your fingers they like these.

Sent from my HTC One X using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

snake8myelbo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2008
ut
If you can't find blackworms you may have to have them shipped in.

Sent from my LG-P999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

CaymanMoon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
Ok, so I found the problem and its not good. Fyi, one ray ate a few blackworms, other didn't touch em. But, I bought a new ammonia test kit, since mine was old as sh*t, and my ammonia level is super high. So bought this stuff, anyone know if it works? And put it in, about to do a water change, what do you guys suggest, 50%? Levels were between 2.0 and 4.0.

Ray112

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
New York
yes do a water change how are your other levels and ph? not sure if that stuff is safe maybe an expert can chime in that might know

snake8myelbo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2008
ut
Glad you tested you had a spike because you've added alot more Bio load. That's when you get an ammonia spike. Do a 40% water change and treat it with prime

Sent from my LG-P999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

CaymanMoon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
Ok did a big water change. Levels are improving. Hopefully my rays improve now as well. How often/how much do you all suggest water changes? Uninformative LFS guys said 25% weekly for month then monthly. I usually do 25% weekly and 50% monthly. I have a lot of evaporation so I add 10% or so every 3 days as well.

Boy I sure do hope my babies start eating! Thanks for all the help without your knowledge they would surely die.

Ray112

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
New York
I'd do 40%-50% weekly..Read all the Sticky Threads you will learn about all the information and little tricks that might help as they grow bigger.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store