Feeling gutted right now

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
You'd be surprised how long fish can go without eating, you have to remember in the wild a meal isn't promised every day, week, or month. Glad he's getting better

gorak

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
mn
I have raised many aros but none have gone this long.

It spits out the food since eating the one time. Still a work in progress.

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
He is still stressed im sure.
my guess would be a bigger space would be the only thing to cure this.
He doesn't feel comfortable more than likely.

gorak

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
mn
It died early morning. It was on the bottom last night but alive. It didn't look good but there wasn't anything else I could do. The tail was a bit dry from being in a headstand dead for a bit so it lost some length there but was 30" like it was. Could have gone 33" with the tail not dried up. I think the last check was 4 years old or something close to.

Not sure when I'll get another aro at this point. I will get another but not sure when or what one.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
:( thats sad man. it didnt eat this whole time, or just not enough. im sorry for your loss man

gorak

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
mn
Thanks guys. It sucks for sure put it the freezer as not sure what I am going to do with it.

In the last 5 months it ate only one maybe 2 finger sized chunk of tilapia. Then spit the rest out. It ate only the one night. It didn't looked starved though that is what suprizes me. It was still thick and honestly it looked "healthy" if you count body shape and structure. I am going with the head trauma from the start cause irreparable damage to the brain and function. Did not seem stressed just not right after the jump.

jon.dub

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2016
Just shy of 4 months and it finally ate tonight. Ate about half a fillet. So from the jumping it has come out with bad de in both eyes now, one eye had it before jumping fit. It also broke a barbel that appears to be coming back. Now that it is eating tonight is the first good sign for a long time. Hopefully it continues and makes a full come back. To get it to eat I have been trying to tap it's mouth with the fillets. Tonight it worked and it ate one. Then I dropped one and it took it off the bottom. It didn't even loose alot of weight like I was expending it to. To be honest I was expecting to go down to a dead aro one day.

View attachment 1188781 View attachment 1188782
4 months without eating ?? Is that even possible ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store