São Paulo - Brasil
Have you tested your water?
Yes
If yes, what is your ammonia?
Less than 0.25
If yes, what is your nitrite?
If yes, what is your nitrate?
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
31-40%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every two weeks
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
So... I got a female henlei about 35cm in diameter about 4 days ago... I already had a male in the tank but i thought he was too small to try to mate with her... But less than 24 hours later i saw that he was biting her a lot and she was a bit disoriented... So i separeted them... Now her disc looks like its rotting away where he bit her... Some parts that were just a little scratched up are peeling away... Is that normal in the healing process or is there something i need to do other than just waiting?

She is not breathing too hard... But is not moving too much nor eating yet... I assume thats because of the stress from transport and the beating up... Doesnt look skinny at all (at least for what i know 😅)

Il link a video below... Any advice will be appreciated

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Separate. Salt and clean water for now. Watch for redness. Make sure it’s eating. Update as it progresses.

Andradde1994

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2020
São Paulo - Brasil
Separate. Salt and clean water for now. Watch for redness. Make sure it’s eating. Update as it progresses.
I separeted her... How much salt shuld i put per liter/gallon? But i believe that the parts that are rotting will fall off no matter what i do... Some of them are just hanging by a thread... They seem broken off... Just by catching her and transfering to the hospital tank most of her skin on these parts came off... But what worried me was that she curled a lot when i released her... Stuck that way for a few seconds and them started recovering her senses

IMG_20231001_205809755.jpg

Reactions: tlindsey

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
It will fall off but the salt will help stimulate slimecoat production to cover those areas. I’d suggest 1 tsp per g.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store