Festae project

6 bar

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 26, 2007
Antelope Valley
Yes! I would raise the temperature a little. I keep my tanks with my pairs in them between 86 and 88 degrees. Make sure to keep your oxygen levels up with those high temps though. My fish room is cool in the summer time. The advice about changing the water and adding cold water is excellent advice. It really does work well. You can also turn your heaters off for a few days or a week. Then turn them back on to the temps I stated earlier. I've had excellent results with this method as well. Also, the eggs will be fertilized through the egg crate if you continue to keep them separated. I do it from time to time when either the male or female is acting up. I hope this helps!
thank you for your sound advice. I think I will do that.

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
I hate to critisize but I think 84 degrees would be ample. I will get my wife to go through our pics and post some in breeding colors if we have them. Another way to tell is they will find some sort of cave and dig a pit near it can;t recall if you had substrate but it would'nt hurt to add some if you don't after all like most cichlids they love to dig. If they pair up you will soon have fry as ours like mating better than anything else they do. Just thinking while you are around them and can watch take the divider out and see if they fight if they don't give them a little time together. Then when you leave put the divider back in just to be safe as was mentioned earlier every pair a nd fish is different just like people.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store