Festae update 2013

Cichlidfever

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2005
Bowie, MD.
Gorgeous pair, I have a male and female but not in the same time, I am planning on putting them together, man I hope they pair off and look like yours :)

Greg1

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2010
new york
Actually measured the pair and it turns out to be 7". Just had another spawn a few days ago. Here's a pic of the male.image.jpg

image.jpg

kody929

Candiru
MFK Member
May 16, 2013
Anywhere, Allthetime
What is the usual number of fry a festae pair produce ? I have a female around 5 inches and male around 2 inches in different tanks. Is there any possibility they will pair up when the male finally beefs up or do they have to grow up together ?

Greg1

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2010
new york
[video=youtube_share;tHyI7vzNL00]http://youtu.be/tHyI7vzNL00[/video]

Greg1

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2010
new york
What is the usual number of fry a festae pair produce ? I have a female around 5 inches and male around 2 inches in different tanks. Is there any possibility they will pair up when the male finally beefs up or do they have to grow up together ?
The number of fry produced depends on the pair. If you want a greater chance of them pairing up. Place the male in the same tank as the female BUT DIVIDE IT! She will kill him if you don't. Continue water changes and feeding.. He will deft beef up more and a few months you can pull the divider and see how it goes! Youngest I had a pair spawn, male was 4.5-5" and female was 3.5"

rookie71

Gambusia
Mar 19, 2015
United States
I purchased a small (1.5") Festae about a month ago. I was really enjoying him and then a freak accident had him get stuck in an aquarium ornament, and even though he was alive when freed, he died several days later.

Anyone have a good source as my local store only gets them very rarely?

Great looking fish on here, please keep posting updates.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store