Festae???

Chidori Noodlez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2013
Michigan
Well he had me worried yesterday.. he was gulping (not for air) just swimming slow and gulping a lot.
So I treated the tank and today he's eating,no gulping and attacking the 2 10" common plecos that are in the tank and flaring at his reflection.. So now I'm figuring he's doing a lot better and I'm not in panic mode so all is good so I'll feed him 3 small portions a day until he gets his weight up... I'll post pics in a month trying to find him a female is the next step.. Thanks Fwprawn & JC for the advise... It's great to have people that are willing to help out with their knowledge... You made a possible bad situation turn out Great I owe ya guys!!!! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Damn, he does not look like he is doing well. Glad he is eating though. I'm sure with some proper care he'll turn into a champ.

Chidori Noodlez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2013
Michigan
Damn, he does not look like he is doing well. Glad he is eating though. I'm sure with some proper care he'll turn into a champ.

Ehh, yea he is definitely not something to stare at...lol but yea he is eating so all I can do is stuff him and remove waste... So we will see I hope he turns into a Champ

Chidori Noodlez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2013
Michigan
If thats what the doctors orders.... Then No Prob.... Thanks Again

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
Anytime - happy to help.
His eating is pretty much the biggest roadblock - so you should be good to go. Just keep up the good work, and make sure his water stays clean - frequent, small water changes would be best until he's established.

Chidori Noodlez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2013
Michigan
That my friend I can do...
I asked my buddy where he got him and he said from Cichlids Of The America's, This is the first I've heard of them so I search the site and see some people buy from them and I see they have a website too... So I'm going to dig and see what's this festae background if its wild or what not.... Oh yea named him Nutso cause he will not leave the pleco or the decor in the tank alone for one sec, He really like to mess with the little Buddha Statue... I take it he's not a religion extremist...lol

Chidori Noodlez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2013
Michigan
Well it's been about 2 weeks and I can see a difference still a long way to go... I say NLS is doing the trick

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1384473122.917587.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1384473136.129878.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1384473153.330526.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1384473162.483720.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1384473171.886558.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store