Festivum Tankmates Question and Angelfish Question

HumuhumuFan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 1, 2021
Hi everyone. I currently have a 55g tank with a festivum and 1 scalare angelfish. There are also 9 black skirt tetras. Except for the occasional chase from the festivum at feeding time, there are no issues.

I'd like to add a bottom dwelling fish species to the mix. I love corydoras cats, but I'm worried the festivum will eat them. The festivum is about 5-6". I love clown plecos, but in my experience they are more interested in eating driftwood than leftover food. If not corys, maybe a raphael or two? Bushynhose pleces? Any other good choices?

Other question: my angelfish always has very long poops, but they are not clear or white. I've tried googling it but all I find are articles about internal parasites and stringy, white poops. These are the same color as the fish food.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Mazan

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2022
I think some of the larger Corydoras species should be fine with the festivum.

FJB

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I would not worry much about the long poops, if not stringy clear and white. In my experience, festivity are relatively peaceful, particularly towards something like cories.

Reactions: HumuhumuFan

Mazan

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2022
Agreed, my festivums are calm and peaceful, don't bother any other fish. but WC ones might be different from what I have read.

Stephen St.Clair

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2017
I keep Botia Loaches for bottom feeders. You might look at YoYo Loaches. Very active, durable & efficient scavengers.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store