few shots of the crew

Madding

The Ninth Holostei
MFK Member
May 11, 2009
New York
The biggest trop had to be moved out of the big tank?

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
Awesome! Always a pleasure seeing your update pics :drool:
Thanks

The biggest trop had to be moved out of the big tank?
No it is in there. The firs pic with the new pair is with the biggest trop and then the second pic the big trop was on the other end of the tank. The gars in the pic with the new pair are just part of the group. The rest were in other parts of the tank. All the gars except my smallest LNG are in the same tank.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
A full tank shot from my sofa.

uploadfromtaptalk1361117129834.jpg

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
I did some customization and lowered my hob overflow box. I did it by adding some lexon to the back of the box and PVC cementing it to the box. Then I drilled holes to lower the box about 1-1.5". I had to add some rubber tubing to the u-tubes to be sure they wouldn't loose their prime incase the power goes out. Took another few sofa shots of the tank with the new water level. I almost got this tank how I want it, in terms of lighting and filtration.

uploadfromtaptalk1361598461373.jpguploadfromtaptalk1361598472534.jpg

Vanimal

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2012
Florida
I did some customization and lowered my hob overflow box. I did it by adding some lexon to the back of the box and PVC cementing it to the box. Then I drilled holes to lower the box about 1-1.5". I had to add some rubber tubing to the u-tubes to be sure they wouldn't loose their prime incase the power goes out. Took another few sofa shots of the tank with the new water level. I almost got this tank how I want it, in terms of lighting and filtration.

View attachment 884186View attachment 884187

I love seeing all the eyes reflect back!

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
I love seeing all the eyes reflect back!

One of my favorite thing is that eye reflection. Can't get enough of the gars!

They ate northern pike yesterday, found out they love that. Good thing to cause I get a lot of pike while fishing.

Vanimal

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2012
Florida

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
Nice! I saw some Floridas today at the LFS and really wanted to pick one up. They were labeled as Gators and were going for $40 so I passed. What's a good price for a Florida?

Floridas average $30 up to 14" or so. Smaller go for $15 or so. A lot depends on were you go. I have got them in at wholesale before.

Vanimal

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2012
Florida
Floridas average $30 up to 14" or so. Smaller go for $15 or so. A lot depends on were you go. I have got them in at wholesale before.
Thanks I might try and grab 2 this weekend from an LFS that is moving their location. They're selling all their fish cheap and they're priced at $10 per Gar.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store