Fighting Fronts in Action

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
i could not part with them,.i admit it ..i am weak... i am watching them for another week to see how it goes..so far things have been quiet.. its not all me .. ,my hubby also suggested that i wait a week... if is difficult to part with the ones you raise..

Marius

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Red Devil;3399931; said:
i could not part with them,.i admit it ..i am weak... i am watching them for another week to see how it goes..so far things have been quiet.. its not all me .. ,my hubby also suggested that i wait a week... if is difficult to part with the ones you raise..

Totally understandable, but then again, you are wasting that male's potential, right?

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Marius;3400743; said:
Totally understandable, but then again, you are wasting that male's potential, right?
no doubt about it.. he is just awesome...12 inches,.. . now if i saw anything happening to him... all would go and i would not fret... maybe i can still start another tank of seven stripes... for him... maybe start them medium size...

Marius

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Red Devil;3400748; said:
no doubt about it.. he is just awesome...12 inches,.. . now if i saw anything happening to him... all would go and i would not fret... maybe i can still start another tank of seven stripes... for him... maybe start them medium size...

He's only gotten that much left into him to be a good spawn. 12", perfect stripes, long fins and good color. I know you like the other ones, but I wouldn't think twice. Burundis are pretty common, a Kigoma that nice is not. Take advantage and make him a happy boy.

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Marius;3402575; said:
He's only gotten that much left into him to be a good spawn. 12", perfect stripes, long fins and good color. I know you like the other ones, but I wouldn't think twice. Burundis are pretty common, a Kigoma that nice is not. Take advantage and make him a happy boy.
thanks.. maybe i will find someone to swap a few ..i will get the baby 7 stripe and they can have some big burundi... i will ask around .. now that you gave me motivation.. yes i am wasting him...

Marius

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Red Devil;3403876; said:
thanks.. maybe i will find someone to swap a few ..i will get the baby 7 stripe and they can have some big burundi... i will ask around .. now that you gave me motivation.. yes i am wasting him...
Hehe, sorry for playing the Devil's Advocate, but I still miss my Kigoma colony. Gave up on it because I had not enough space for them, 20 juvies growing out, sold them before I got my 400 gal. Kigomas are still some of my favorite fronts, to be honest, if I'd be allowed to put tanks everywhere around the house I'd have a different variant in each of them :D

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Marius;3404141; said:
Hehe, sorry for playing the Devil's Advocate, but I still miss my Kigoma colony. Gave up on it because I had not enough space for them, 20 juvies growing out, sold them before I got my 400 gal. Kigomas are still some of my favorite fronts, to be honest, if I'd be allowed to put tanks everywhere around the house I'd have a different variant in each of them :D
i hope you get some again...

ozz465

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2006
Ca
Im having the same in my tank cept my females are fighting . i am seperating them till they heal and re do the tanks decorations an try again .

Red Devil

Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
ozz465;3406564; said:
Im having the same in my tank cept my females are fighting . i am seperating them till they heal and re do the tanks decorations an try again .
i know quite a bit about fronts.. but this issue when they start to mature etc.. is a mystery yet to me... i never knew females would fight ..that makes me rethink everything.. maybe i don't have all males.. are you positive yours are females.. wow ..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store