Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
kingdom of saudi arabia, riyadth
Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

Aliraza-11222

Feeder Fish
Mar 14, 2024
You can use a mix of filtration methods to efficiently filter a 500-gallon pond that is heavily stocked. A biological pond filter should be considered first. To further ensure the pond remains clean and avoid biological filter overload, it is essential to use a mechanical filter to physically remove organic waste, debris, and dirt from the water. It is crucial to include aeration into the pond to guarantee enough oxygenation and avoid stagnation. Your heavily stocked 500-gallon pond can be successfully filtered and kept fish-friendly by following these instructions and taking your pond's unique requirements into account.

Reactions: AR1 and tlindsey

Fish rescue

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2023
After you get filter a figured out , research keeping it warm in winter , even gold fish like 70 degrees water , 500 gallon is small , with a pro level filter you could have about 40

Last edited:

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I used a DIY foam fractionation for my 500 gal pond.
The plans were found on the Koiphen web site, under DIY, Phoam Phractionator, I scaled those plans down a bit because the one the plans fit, was for a much larger pond.
In the video below, you can see it working, converting the products of waste into foam, that drops on the ground instead of staying in the water.
https://youtu.be/O19kySpxulg

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store