Filtration on a budget for a 75?

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
I could do that too. I hear good things about the Emperor series. I just thought of doing two HOB filters for added flow and if one fails for some reason, the tank wouldn't be without any filtration.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
2+ years of continuous use and not a single hiccup. But, you're right, 2 filters is always a better option in case one craps out. That's why last summer I also hooked up a Sunsun canister to the 75.

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
the 2 hob's is a good budget idea...check amazon,,,,the emp 400 is$50,,,the pen 350 is $36

Mythic Figment

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2012
Florida
I think I'm going to get two AC50s and use one to house pothos for a little extra nitrate reduction. The only fish in the tank is going to be a lenticulata pike (currently 8" and ultimately 15").

DDK

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 25, 2013
us
Keep an eye put for used filters on craigslist, I got my aquaclear 110 for 20

Sent from my C6902 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
x2 I had an add wanting to buy fish tank filters as in hobs canister sumps and a man messaged me about 2 aquaclear 110's (one missing the impeller), a aquaclear 70 and some other little filters for 25. What a steal... Ordered a fresh impeller and everything was well worth it.

Lyrek

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2013
Canada
+1 to any AquaClear suggestion. They're affordable and they don't quit. Not sure why you want two though, get the right size and you should only need one.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
+1 to any AquaClear suggestion. They're affordable and they don't quit. Not sure why you want two though, get the right size and you should only need one.
multiple filters are good set-ups, because if one happens to fail, you still got one going until the problem is resolved, and you can break down one for a complete cleaning and not worry about BB volume being compromised.

crazyk213

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 8, 2013
Schwenksville, PA
1 will be fine, but like I have on my 75, you can always get a second one in the future. And pothos grow well and look nice in them

Sent from my ADR930L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Mythic Figment

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2012
Florida
I kept looking trough Craigslist and couldn't find anything. I ordered three AquaClear 50s for $30 each (over my budget a bit, but worth it) from Amazon that should get here on Tuesday. I wanted to setup the tank by Sunday, but Tuesday isn't too bad. I waited too long. Oh well. LOL

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store