Final Tank Setup

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
That is true, but the problem is is that you have to find expensive, highly realistic ones, and they don't provide any benefits other than hiding spaces and looks.
It depends what you like. These were all cheap plants. The trick is letting them look like crap for a bit until algae grows on them and then they begin to look more realistic. The light will also fade the color so they’re not so unnaturally bright over time.

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Well, I have some new news. Y'all may have noticed in the background of pics that I've taken recently that I still have the Royal Loriicarid. And while I've still have had it over the past couple of weeks, I haven't included it in posts since I first got it because I didn't think I was going to keep it. However, the fish changed my mind last night (via the way it came alive at night). So, with that, I'm going to keep him, and he is an official member of the pack. His name is Tezcacoatl (Aztec origin). Nickname is Tez.

Side note, once the archerfish is put in, and all the fish are fully grown, will the tank be overstocked? That is my greatest concern at this point.

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
I've been meaning to do this for the fun of it, so here is a list of all the names of the fish I've named in the tank (which I think is everyone):

1. Red/White/Blue/etc. Discus: Mosaic

2. Yellow/Orange Discus: Sunburst

3. Striped Raphaels: Fat Man and Little Boy (you can guess which one is which)

4. Blue Phantom Pleco: Skipper (from the old Corsair character in Disney's Planes...that movie was my childhood lol)

5. Dwarf Acaras: Mademoiselle and Monsieur (the mustaches say it all)

6. Dwarf Gourami 1: Gardener (always tends to the plants)

7. Dwarf Gourami 2: Enkai (Japanese name meaning sea of flames)

8. Moonlight Gourami: Mochizuki (Japanese name meaning moonlight on a watermill), for short, Mochi.

9. Royal Loricariid: Tezcacoatl (Aztec origin), nickname, Tez.

10. Geophagus: Kanza (Native American name meaning hidden treasure (or wise).

11. Archerfish: Spitfire (name based on the WW2 British plane)

Last edited:

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Here is a small update and some pictures:

Clean Entire Tank.jpgDiscus and Geophagus .jpgDwarf Acara Pair.jpg

Update:

I cleaned the tank yesterday evening, and now everyone is happy again. I've been a little neglectful with the tank because I've been incredibly busy with school, but I finally got around to it, and everything looks 10 times better. I took the above pictures last night while the water was still clearing up, hence why it is cloudy.

I had to move my original dwarf gourami (Gardener) to the 10 gallon w/ the archerfish. Apparently, he is getting terribly harassed by his tankmates. I'm hoping the two get along in the 10-gallon tank and the gourami heals. Once he looks better, I'll move him back to the main tank.

Finally, I came up with a tank decor arrangement that I truly like with the decor that I have. As I've mentioned 100 times now, I do thoroughly intend to put live plants and new decor, but right now I don't have the funds for an overhaul like that, but it'll happen one day.

I'll be posting a few more pictures soon.

• Love
Reactions: AR1
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store