FINALLY A DAT!!!!!

Jhawk974

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2014
Utah
Mine stabled up after I dropped in a half dozen fish now all but one is stable and we can have the lights on also but still no LED.He is looking great and he will get use to you in the tank so spend sometime in it all my Dat's come to my hand looking for food but they all are spooned feed brats

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
RIP he was 4 inches all other fish are fine and I woke up to find him and only him dying and gasping. I suspect an ammonia spike late last night. I tried to revive him for 3 hours in a qt tank and I got him kicking pretty good he just couldn't stay upright. He seemed to do better after salt but an hour later he died. So RIP to my very first datnoid
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1406666771.564707.jpgImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1406666753.795525.jpg
:( :(

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
That's bad news,sorry to see this.

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
He was with baby umbee in a grow out he was in charge of the tank they feared him. Nothing else to attack him
:/ it's almost like sudden death syndrome or something happened. All other 20 umbee are fine :/

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Yeah...sucks even more because it's my first one.Guess that's part of the hobby. I was hoping to have him for years but guess he couldn't hold up. I think they are fragile when young.

NixMix

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2010
South Carolina
Awwww that's so sad. I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Sometimes they just aren't strong enough to make it through. Think about it first and get through your pain. You may want to consider getting another one some day. Maybe next time go for a slightly larger one and you may have some better chances. We know that you cared for your dat and did all you absolutely could you to save him. You're a good fishkeeper!

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store