Finally Frøya gave birth!

eriken

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2010
Oslo, Norway
Thank you very much for the kind comments. Yes, Frøya is my pride and joy!

Congrate bro... lovely mum u got there... btw just wondering is it safe to keep the pups with mum.. I have heard that bigger ray tend to eat the pup's... sorry about this lousy question as I am a newbie here
I know there is a risk of larger rays eating pups. I isolated the female from the other rays a week before she gave birth. I made the film as soon as I discovered the pup and then took out the female.

eriken

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2010
Oslo, Norway
the female is unreal.
its hard to describe it but it looks like it should have flames coming off of it.
i would have called her fire and brimstone.
i cant wait to see this pup..what does the dad look like?
Thank you very much for the comment. Dad (Loke) is I nice bloke to! On top in the photo. You can see more pictures of the pair in my signature link “New marbles – can’t stop looking!”

A 16.04.10 325 red 750.jpg

A 16.04.10 325 red 750.jpg

andersp90

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2007
Denmark
Very nice! :)

Has mom grown much since you got her?

She looks the same as when you got her! :drool:

eriken

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2010
Oslo, Norway
Very nice! :)

Has mom grown much since you got her?

She looks the same as when you got her! :drool:
Thank you for the comment on the female. She has grown from 22cm to 32cm (8.6 to 12.6 inches) since I got her in Mars 2010. I am very happy that she has kept a very light and clean pattern. She has more marbling, but she still a very nice contrast.

andersp90

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2007
Denmark
Thank you for the comment on the female. She has grown from 22cm to 32cm (8.6 to 12.6 inches) since I got her in Mars 2010. I am very happy that she has kept a very light and clean pattern. She has more marbling, but she still a very nice contrast.
She is a true looker, thats for sure. :)

Has er growth slowed down?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store