Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2008
Philippines
surely it looks like a florida to me

phillydog1958

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
my 2 floridas took 2-3 weeks to start eating anything . . . sometimes they take awhile to become adjusted to their new surroundings.

JAF

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2009
West Virginia
phillydog1958;3601268; said:
my 2 floridas took 2-3 weeks to start eating anything . . . sometimes they take awhile to become adjusted to their new surroundings.
Lol, not this one... he ate three rosies and ten guppies on his first day in his new home.

JAF

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2009
West Virginia
RedDwarf;3601341; said:
That's a nice gar you got there. Congrats
Yeah, I really like him.. Lots of personality and spunk! Though I'm worried about him being in with my two slightly bigger senegals, they haven't paid any attention to him yet, but they have had feeders to NOM on. I also keep two black finned tetras in this tank, they were starter fish, amazingly they are still alive and very healthy. If my bichirs don't bother them, then I doubt they will mess with my gar, though he is a thin fellow.

Well, I'm keeping one eye on them at all times, so if they so as much act like something is going to happen I'll remove them and put them in with my O's.. I'd rather loose them then my gar, not to sound cruel.

RedDwarf

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2009
Where the Sun is Warm
Just watch out because gars like to chill on the bottom of the tank from time to time. The bichirs might get the wrong idea one of these days until the gar over takes them in size.

JAF

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2009
West Virginia
RedDwarf;3601394; said:
Just watch out because gars like to chill on the bottom of the tank from time to time. The bichirs might get the wrong idea one of these days until the gar over takes them in size.
He's been on the top since I got him, hiding in some floating plants. Yeah I'll be sure to keep an eye on them... Been kind of concerned about them from the beginning.

Edit - Really I'm not too concerned, cause they have been in with a small dwarf frog for about three months, they haven't bother him one big and he's much smaller them my gar.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store