Finally got a lemon oscar

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
they are either lutino or albino,s. over welming number of blonds are lutino.
heres my little lunino, notice the blacking or graying on the pectoral fins. showed up at about 5 months old.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I am seeing a common pleco in the tank in first pic.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Mine never developed any black in them. The male did get a lot of the classic 'green-face' during spawning. Here's a pic of him guarding the female and their new clutch of eggs.

ohmy.jpg

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
couple of beauties. :)

Oscarum monstruoso

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 3, 2010
Mine never developed any black in them. The male did get a lot of the classic 'green-face' during spawning. Here's a pic of him guarding the female and their new clutch of eggs.

View attachment 1158060
These were and still are the best pair of oscars Ive ever seen. One day Id love to pair up a lemon and a red, just because those are my two favorite oscar types.

Oscarum monstruoso

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 3, 2010
Im starting to think this guy is a hybrid, he definitely has that gold color on him but not all over. Hes still a little runt, and seems a bit off to me like his swim bladder or balance isnt just right, but not too obviously. I took a gamble because I just wanted a darn lemon in my tank so I took a chance.

Hes not a typical oscar either, not very hearty although eats well enough. He seems almost ebjd like, in his behavior, so we'll see what he grows into.

Lonte216

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2016
Im starting to think this guy is a hybrid, he definitely has that gold color on him but not all over. Hes still a little runt, and seems a bit off to me like his swim bladder or balance isnt just right, but not too obviously. I took a gamble because I just wanted a darn lemon in my tank so I took a chance.

Hes not a typical oscar either, not very hearty although eats well enough. He seems almost ebjd like, in his behavior, so we'll see what he grows into.
He could possibly be dyed. Hope not but the sad truth is that some breeders dye their Oscars and sell them as blueberry, lemon, strawberry, and every other flavor/color u can think of. Dying the Oscars cause Illnest which is why he may be acting weird. I bought a blueberry Oscar a while back only to find out that THERE IS NO SUCH THING !!!

Alex562

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2015
Ive been wanting one of these forever and was about to order one when one appeared at the lfs.

Im down to just my severum and black ghost in my 125, and the lemon oscar will be the third and last fish in that tank. The sev is 4 inches, the bgk is about 7 and the lemon is tiny at 2 inches, so I partitioned him off till his 75 gallon growout is ready. I put him in two hours ago and hes already eaten all of the different kinds of pellets my other fish wouldnt eat :)

Anyhow, here he is:

View attachment 1157906 View attachment 1157907 View attachment 1157908

View attachment 1157909

View attachment 1157910

View attachment 1157911

View attachment 1157912

View attachment 1157913
What do you use for a tank divider?

Oscarum monstruoso

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 3, 2010
He could possibly be dyed. Hope not but the sad truth is that some breeders dye their Oscars and sell them as blueberry, lemon, strawberry, and every other flavor/color u can think of. Dying the Oscars cause Illnest which is why he may be acting weird. I bought a blueberry Oscar a while back only to find out that THERE IS NO SUCH THING !!!
I dont think he is dyed, but I suppose anything is possible. I'll post some pics after todays water change.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store