Finally got my cichla off live!!!

Joe M

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2010
North East
After months of trying with nothing more than a quick mouthing of whatever i threw in, I have all 5 of my bass eating Taliban fillets right now. I tried frozen krill with no luck, and a ton of other things that I cant even remember. I had to feed my turtles and RTCxTSN hybrid so I took like 20 pieces to the tank thinking that my aro would eat a few, and all of it was gone before it hit the bottom. I actually had to hand-feed the catfish so he could get some.

I'm so excited that I don't need to take chances with feeder goldfish anymore! This is something so small and dumb, but I've never been this happy about something to do with my fish.

Joe M

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2010
North East
Wow. That is supposed to say talapia fillets. I could just edit it, but its funny as hell like it is. Spell check is hilarious.

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Ya I seen that sp. error as well. Thats a good one.

And good job on the transfer...now try stuffing some pellets in the filets.

Chizzle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2011
LV Golden Knights!
congrats man, its not something small and dumb man. I felt the same way when my cichla started competing for food and I didnt have to waste any.

Joe M

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2010
North East
Yeah pellets are next. You guys have any suggestions as to what the best pellet is for them? I've seen so many debates about it I cant decide what I should use.

TimTheBadass

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2007
Wales, UK
I use hikari gold. A lot of guys are using massivore. I think you'll probably have better luck with the massivore. Congratulations for getting them on taliban fillets :ROFL:

Angler

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 8, 2007
Colorado
It's not something small and dumb. It's an awsome feeling to see any fish eat something non-live for the first time. Congrats!

My bass that eat pellets love Massivore.

Joe M

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2010
North East
Ok good. I'm still pretty excited about it. I already have a bag or two of both massivore and Hikari cichlid gold from when I had my oscar so I'll start with those. Thanks for your help.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store