Finally got my first arowana!

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Big spikey cats work well , try avoid silver fish they get smashed up , if cichlids they need to be hardy and big enough not to be eaten , you just have to try stuff depends on the jar most are evil beasts in my experiences

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Yes birchirs are a good one for some reason my old jardini never ate my birchir and he easily could have probably the only fish he didn't try eat apart from cats , suppose they must taste horrid or something slime or texture maybe , either that or I've got the heavyweight birchir of the world ;):D

arowanafinatic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2014
Brampton, Ontario
So finally after 5 long days I got my aro to eat Lol. Tried hikari sticks for 5 days but he would just chew them and spit it out, so today I tried feeding him some freeze dried blood worms and he ate them right away :) maybe next time I feed I'll mix some blood worms and broken hikari stocks and give it to him do he gets used to them

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Yours sounds like my first jar :banghead::D
You'll get there in the end , yes seasoning other foods with crushed hikari will help him get used to the taste at least that way half the battle is won , then its just getting him used to crushing them up , also give other pellets a try , hikari gold , staple etc on the off chance but hikari carni sticks are the best bet ime

arowanafinatic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2014
Brampton, Ontario
So that day i fed him and he finally ate he jumped out that night while i was sleeping :/ not the best first experience. Had my tank covered but there was a tiny space for my intake and outtake pipes where he jumped from. I think i might just buy a jaguar cichlid now instead because im going to university soon and if anything happens to my tank i can't do anything because no one in my family is going to do anything except feed my fish. Maybe ill try again in a couple years :p

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store