Finally got my tank going (56K warning)

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Stunning beautiful is the only way to describe the tank and the fish.. and great pics too.... what a beautiful addition to any home... work of art.

yikesjason

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 29, 2008
Portland, OR
The fish are looking great.

I think you may have lost too much of your height in your aquascape. Because it is all so uniformly low, it looks like two different tanks. I think one or two taller plants or pieces of wood would tie the top and bottom together again.

Diamond Discus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
www.zenfolio.com
Red Devil;3247107; said:
Stunning beautiful is the only way to describe the tank and the fish.. and great pics too.... what a beautiful addition to any home... work of art.
Thanls Liz...you are so sweet.

yikesjason;3248196; said:
The fish are looking great.

I think you may have lost too much of your height in your aquascape. Because it is all so uniformly low, it looks like two different tanks. I think one or two taller plants or pieces of wood would tie the top and bottom together again.
Yes, I'd love to be able to put the wood back into the tank, but it caused too much aggression from the pair that claimed the wood. They kept the rest of the fish at the other end of the tank. I had just trimmed the tall plants as well. There is actually a lot of Giant Hygro in the back of the tank that will get tall in no time. There is also Sunset Hygro, Rotala rotundifolia, and Rotala colorata that will be tall again too. In a couple of weeks I'll take another shot and show you the difference.

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Diamond Discus;3250602; said:
Thanls Liz...you are so sweet.

Yes, I'd love to be able to put the wood back into the tank, but it caused too much aggression from the pair that claimed the wood. They kept the rest of the fish at the other end of the tank. I had just trimmed the tall plants as well. There is actually a lot of Giant Hygro in the back of the tank that will get tall in no time. There is also Sunset Hygro, Rotala rotundifolia, and Rotala colorata that will be tall again too. In a couple of weeks I'll take another shot and show you the difference.
THANKS but i really really mean it.. just gorgeous..

Keith.B.Nimble

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2009
San Marcos, TX
Can you please tell me, better yet show me a picture, of what you are feeding your discus and how often?

Also would you please tell me what are your water parameters?

Great Job. I have been inspired.
Keith

Diamond Discus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
www.zenfolio.com
Keith.B.Nimble;3257685; said:
Can you please tell me, better yet show me a picture, of what you are feeding your discus and how often?

Also would you please tell me what are your water parameters?

Great Job. I have been inspired.
Keith
They get fed twice a day, sometimes 3 times a day. The Discus get:

Hikari frozen Blood worms and Brine shrimp. Ocean Nutrition Discus Flakes, Sera Discus Granules, and New Life Spectrum Grow for Discus.

I feed 6 cubes of frozen foods once a day (3 Brine Shrimp and 3 Blood worms)~ and either flakes or pellets or a combination of the two once a day.

I also feed algae tabs and tetra color flakes once a day to the other non discus fish in the tank, but the discus eat these too, even though it is not designed specifically for them. Because I have so many RC shrimp and 2 plecos in the tank, all leftovers are quickly gobbled up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store