Finally! My Lapidifers became a couple!

FluffySackson

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2014
The US has a larger market so I have heard of stores here stocking these occasionally. I saw Paretroplus Menerambo at an LFS once (Very rare)

ryansmith83

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 2, 2008
Florida
They are showing up more frequently in the US and the price has come down. There is a fish farm in Tampa selling F1 on Aquabid occasionally. I've heard reports of a lot of DOA when shipping, which makes me wonder if it has something to do with their habitat. In the wild they come from fast-flowing, probably oxygen rich water, so maybe they don't ship well in small bags unless packed with pure oxygen. Totally just speculation on my part.

GT3000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2011
Israel
The US has a larger market so I have heard of stores here stocking these occasionally. I saw Paretroplus Menerambo at an LFS once (Very rare)
lol it's funny because here in Israel we have a lot of paretroplus menarambo in cheap prices at our lfs but for some reason nobody buys them. :irked:
Maybe I need to buy them and export to the US, we will make much money... :naughty:

They are showing up more frequently in the US and the price has come down. There is a fish farm in Tampa selling F1 on Aquabid occasionally. I've heard reports of a lot of DOA when shipping, which makes me wonder if it has something to do with their habitat. In the wild they come from fast-flowing, probably oxygen rich water, so maybe they don't ship well in small bags unless packed with pure oxygen. Totally just speculation on my part.
As far as I know, because they need lots of oxygen, the dealers doesnt wont to import them cause 50% are dying in the bag.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store