Fire mouth Breeding 180gallon monster tank

Whoisjaime

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2022
Seattle, WA
Just wanted to share a little about about my Firemouth Cichlids. After about a month in my 180 gallon tank we had our first batch of fry that are now swimming freely. Will be moving them and sharing their phases of growth over time in a 10 gallon breeder tank.

Please feel free to ask any questions!

A21522E8-1BE7-4118-AEBF-9FD5D465D9B3.jpeg

tiger15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2012
SNJ
Yes, firemouth is underrated because it is common and cheap. It’s a surprise that someone would devote a 180 gal for the most common fish. I tried other rarer Thorichthy species such as Elioti and aurium, but ultimately returned to keeping a firemouth because it is an easy fish to keep, and beautiful in its own right. Firemouth has the reddest breast of all Thorichthys, and having been domesticated for such a long time that it is disease bullet proof. Other exotic Thorichthy species I kept aren’t as easy, and I lost a number to bacterial infection.

Simonas

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2008
Wirral, UK
Beautiful fish and a top 5 fish for me and have been since I started in 1992 but I am still looking for a firemouth like I remember them looking back then greyer background which contrasted so well with the red throat and a bigger fish than we see now

Reactions: Whoisjaime
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store