First marine tank. Stocking help?

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
bubble, and really all euphyllia (torch, hammer, frogspawn, etc) are fairly hardy, but will need a little supplimental feeding, if the mushrooms you like were smooth and didn't have little hairs or tenticles sticking up, they won't really need to be fed, the hairier ones may.
take a once over of your LFS or some online stores, and get an idea for what kinds of corals you think you'd be interested in and we'll give you a review of them.

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
I used to work retail as well, and saw those problems all the time. It made me scratch my head a bit lol.

anyways keep us posted with what size tank you decide on and what not. Looking forward to watch the tank grow and mature.

>:(

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Elsinore
I'm getting whatever the price is right on. I was thinking about going with a used tank, but I wouldn't know if they had used copper in the tank or not. I can't go very big because it has to be able to sit on my dresser. I was thinking about a 20 high lightly stocked, but I don't know if that's too small. What would you recommend that's not too huge? A thirty gallon tank would be nice, but I haven't seen many around. I'd get my old one back, but my sister has red ear sliders in it.

Oh, and I looked my hermit up, he looks exactly like a blue leg hermit/ equal handed hermit.

I'd like to thank you both by the way.

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
I would go to petsmart and look at ther tank and stand combos. I was just there earlier and they had a 47 gallon bow front setup for around 300. Not bad in WI but im sure its a bit more in CA but evens out anyways.

Wont be able to use your dresser but as long as your have around 4 feet of space in a good location, i would try for something in the 30-50 gallon range. I feel as if the 47 gallon would be a great tank for you. Just my thoughts

Thanks for the Thanks lol, it means a great deal for me to help others out with this great hobby, and im sure others would say the same.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store