First plwood tank build started..... with pics

joey02

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 22, 2007
Canada
thekingofdiy.com
$INI$T3R;5045358; said:
Nice to see everything is holding up. Do you still like the liquide rubber? Any color changes?
Yes, i still like liquid rubber. It does change color. eventually turning brown.

rustyspurs;5045420; said:
great video bud, i was planning on just building a stand and then buying a 6 or 8ft tank but you,ve convinced me that building it is the better option, cheers
Good luck with your build.

Jmclark

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2009
Pembrokeshire Wales
wicked thread, just read the lot!, pretty slow reader so ive been here for a while!!, but better at the DIY, so think im going to build something, i have an 8 foot glass aquarium which is 250 gallons, but think something along the 400-450 gallon mark, will make for a good project, and you have given me a good head start with all the information.

Cheers James

joey02

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 22, 2007
Canada
thekingofdiy.com
Jmclark;5057425; said:
wicked thread, just read the lot!, pretty slow reader so ive been here for a while!!, but better at the DIY, so think im going to build something, i have an 8 foot glass aquarium which is 250 gallons, but think something along the 400-450 gallon mark, will make for a good project, and you have given me a good head start with all the information.

Cheers James
Clown House;5058883; said:
Congratulations. This has changed my thinking about plywood tanks. Glass fibre was much to much hassle.
Thanks guys! im glad my thread has helped.

RobMc

Feeder Fish
May 10, 2011
Canada
I joined this forum just so I could put my 2 cents in on this build....Great Job!

I've been toying with the idea of building a plywood tank, but was falling short on how to waterproof it...i no longer have to worry! My wife might however as I will begin to bug her about building one sooner than later! :)

Where in Nova Scotia do you live....I'm just outside Halifax.

joey02

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 22, 2007
Canada
thekingofdiy.com
RobMc;5118031; said:
I joined this forum just so I could put my 2 cents in on this build....Great Job!

I've been toying with the idea of building a plywood tank, but was falling short on how to waterproof it...i no longer have to worry! My wife might however as I will begin to bug her about building one sooner than later! :)

Where in Nova Scotia do you live....I'm just outside Halifax.
Glad you enjoyed it Rob! Im in Truro.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store