First plywood tank build

AdkTanks

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2023
Hello everyone. I’m getting ready to kick off my first plywood aquarium build, Im hoping that a few people have some advice and tricks to make it easier and more successful. Thank you in advance everyone!

Gpdriftwood

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2017
Welcome. Tons of threads and info here already. My first plywood build was based on the king of DIY's (on youtube) plywood build years ago. Super easy to build and very strong and reliable. Can be easily modified to your specifications. Good luck. 🤙

AdkTanks

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2023
Welcome. Tons of threads and info here already. My first plywood build was based on the king of DIY's (on youtube) plywood build years ago. Super easy to build and very strong and reliable. Can be easily modified to your specifications. Good luck. 🤙
I’ve watched a ton of his videos. I’m going to build 6.5x2x2 tanks but im extending ends of the tank so I can make cupboards on the ends to hide the drains/returns

Pryme

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2023
Looking good. I have thought about making one of these. The pond armor is expensive stuff I noticed.

AdkTanks

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2023
Looking good. I have thought about making one of these. The pond armor is expensive stuff I noticed.
I now have the stand complete. next week I’m getting my pond armor and ordering my acrylic starting to look awesome I’ll post some updated pictures soon

Reactions: Pryme and BIG-G

Pryme

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2023
I now have the stand complete. next week I’m getting my pond armor and ordering my acrylic starting to look awesome I’ll post some updated pictures soon
Where did you order the acrylic? What does that run for a big sheet?

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
What are your plans for attaching the acrylic sheet? I don't think you can use silicone. Screws? A flange of some type? I don't know if I've ever seen a plywood/acrylic build.

I have come into possession of a sheet of 1/2-inch acrylic that I am thinking about using somehow...

I summon thee, Acrylic Man! wednesday13 wednesday13 :)

Reactions: wednesday13
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store