Dec 3, 2010
Singapore
Amazing tank, would be great for a planted tank

TropicalRyan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
Canada
Awesome tank, can't wait to see it finished... just wondering since you will be using a sump and it was a custom tank what was the reason for not getting the tank the drilled, as I have heard this is a better option than using a HOB overflow

gerryd

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 20, 2010
fl
Hi and thanks. It WILL be a planted tank.....but I have to get it first :)

Details are in the first post and over @ the Barr Report. That thread link is on page 1 also.

gerryd

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 20, 2010
fl
Awesome tank, can't wait to see it finished... just wondering since you will be using a sump and it was a custom tank what was the reason for not getting the tank the drilled, as I have heard this is a better option than using a HOB overflow
Hi and thanks.

Reasons for NOT drilling were many but the main reason was real estate. I do not want to scape around standpipes and bulkheads and such. I have twin overflow wiers now and I hate having to accomodate them all the time.

If folks are focusing on the overflow or tubing, I have utterly failed as an aquascaper.

I wanted the aquarium to have some flexibility if needed in the future. Drilling I felt would take away from that goal IMO.

I originally was going to drill it but decided against it.

gerryd

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 20, 2010
fl

gerryd

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 20, 2010
fl
Hi,

Sorry I can't edit my previous reply?

I agree 100000% !

Anyway, that is the reason for the footprint so as to have more room to plant and hopefully enable a more dynamic scape.

The lower and wider profile I think will go well and provide plenty of room for whatever hardscape I want. I plan on having wood emersed as well as emersed live plant growth on the wood. It will be used in the overflow as well.

The whole idea behind the tank in the first place was for a planted aquarium.

Thanks.

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this all setup. Great dimensions, I have a 4' wide tank and i love it, its amazing to see a fish come swimming toward you. Hurry and get this setup already!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store