First rays, any advice is helpful

MHDevelopments

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 13, 2014
Suffolk
www.m-h-developments.co.uk
Feed them tons and tons of night crawlers, feed them 3-4 times a day when they are young and small like that. it is important to put some size on them and fatten them up. Just make sure that you keep the water perfect as you increase the feedings.
Ditto

MHDevelopments

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 13, 2014
Suffolk
Rsys have a high metabolism. So you can kinda double that in your mind when thinking of pups. Plenty of feeds throughout the day. I used to ensure I did one just before I went to bed so the pups didn't have empty stomachs all through the night

swims alot

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2014
Rhode Island, United States
Thank for the input guys, ive been feeding them 3-4 times a day,and im going to start to up the quantity of food just to make sure, I called my LFS and my buddy their didn't know if they were wild or captive, so hes going to ask his supplier. I have no concerns with the male hes eating everything I throw in their, but im having concerns about the female she's still not eating earth worm, and im not 100% sure if she's eating blood worms or just spitting them back out. I cant get my hands on any blackworms or ghost shrimp until friday.

swims alot

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2014
Rhode Island, United States
So everything has been doing ok, the female is still being stubborn with food and im going to get blackworms tommrow hopefully she goes for that. The male hade been doing fine and eating like a pig. But over the past couple days ive noticed some fuzz over my males barb, I thought it may have just been shedding, but I would just like to know for sure, should I be concerned? 20150730_115136.jpg 20150730_115016.jpg

MHDevelopments

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 13, 2014
Suffolk
Captive bred is a bonus. Great news the male is eating very well.
I'd say that's fungus on the barn looking at it, though I'm not sure if it's going to be an issue or not if I'm honest

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store