Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
New York
aquaticmadness.com
arow.jpg
arow 2.jpg
arow 3.jpg

A few pics of my 31" silver arow i just picked up. He was pretty stressed when i got home i thought he died on the trip. I picked him up with my hands and just floated him in my pool and he woke right up and is looking great.

arow.jpg

arow 2.jpg

arow 3.jpg

dayak

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2010
sacramento
whoa and good for you.
im more interested with that kiddie portable pool setup u got going there which seems to be indoor?
i would think its temp setup or its going to be permanent "pond"?
if it is permanent kudos to you im not brave enough to pull that move :D

jhutch

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
New York
aquaticmadness.com
Lol thanks. Yeah its semi permanent. The fish love it and i think viewing them from above is spectacular. It is in my basement. A window fan and 2 dehumidifiers keep the basement dry and air not humid. Crazy evaporation from the pool as its 10' around. I have 2 tropical lily pads in there and one hardy lily and the four 12"+ plecos love digging all the dirt out of the pots which gets frustrating but its fun and the fish love the lilys. The pool came with a cheesy 560 gph filter and i added a 1250 gph pump hooked to 2 pressurized filters and one has a UV clarifier built in so other than the dirt the plecos throw around it keeps the water crystal clear but i will be adding another 1250gph filtration setup so ill have 2 and im in the process of building a 6' long sump that is 2' wide and 2' deep for extra polishing and a place for the heaters so they arent in the pool. It will finish with a waterfall into the pool just because i think it will look cool. I got the florescent lighting from the local hydroponics shop, cheaper than any other fish tank light and better as far as im concerned since its meant for growing plants.

jhutch

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
New York
aquaticmadness.com
Im kind of worried about it jumping out but i have two nets that i put over it at night and when i leave the house. Im not sure if they would hold him if he tried to jump but i think they would. They are anti bird nets for ponds and i anchor them with big rocks so i think it should be fine. I worry more about the 21" knife jumping because he has splashed a lot of water out for some reason.

jhutch

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
New York
aquaticmadness.com
Im kind of worried that this guy hasnt eaten anything. I need to order some arowana sticks and see if that will help. He just swims by the massivore when i throw it in. He seems to be alright. When i "pet" him he gets faster so i think he is healthy. Maybe just needs more time to adjust?

Nithin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2012
India
Temporarily feed him some live fish once he starts eating you then train him to eat sticks or pellets

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store