first time alligator gar

ermgravy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
behind my iMac.... Southampton UK.
rtc's piss gators off in my experience dont bank on them being tank mates in the future... the ck will be lunch too, as would all teh carp and smaller the pacu might get chopped in half if they annoy it too. Pic for a ID is your best place to start tho and we can figure it out from there...

agra perera

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2014
sri lanka
Well im never going to put my gar with the rest of em. Cause the pacus are the first fish i got. The gar is going to be in the bigger tank after i move the others in to the new 1330 gallon tank. And this is my gar.

Sent from my Dialog i43 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

joe5639

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
Alligator get get to 10ft long. Easy. Google it. You would need at least a 30-40ft tank or pond. That is at least 8ft deep. In other words, please, please don't get an alligator gar. They are one fish that probably only a handful of private aquarists in the world would be able to accommodate long-term. Leave the keeping of fish like that to rivers and public aquaria. Unless you are a millionaire and can afford a tank the size of an olympic swimming pool, but twice as deep. Please, for the fishes sake, and to save yourself some major headaches later on.

Lol haha easy? It takes decades to get that size lol and the record is around 8 feet haha. In captivity 3 or 4 feet is more realistic. Sorry but I really hate it when people give inaccurate info and deter people away from amazing fish

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store