First upgrade in 6 YEARS !!! ALL Tetra Equipment- w/pictures!

noob4lyfe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2010
Ontario
Eheims classics are the best. If you already have the RRS in the 25g all you need to do is take all the filtration from that tank as well as all the water and place them into the 55. You dont need to do any messing around with bottled ammonia or extra BB.
I did exactly that, transfer my bacteria. It did help, but adding feeder fish was a game changer.

That's what I heard about Ehiems, that they are solid. That being said about Ehiem, I am already having problems with it. If you see this picture below,

IMG_1206.JPG

That latch cracked right through the middle on the first day of install. Now just tugging on the green tube, the connection un-clips. You can imagine what happens next. Water pumps out of control from the filter pushing water. I have contacted Ehiem about this problem. It should still be under the 30days, so hopefully they can cover that under the warranty.

IMG_1203.JPG

Ehiem- Broken.jpg

IMG_1206.JPG

noob4lyfe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2010
Ontario
Quick update.

I got a response from Ehiem in about a week. Transferred to a couple depts through email. And was very impressed with their customer support. Sent me a brand new part, without any trouble.

So far, my experience with this company has been great. Despite the reviews you've heard, they've lived up to the products name. Quality. Here's a couple shots

IMG_1218.JPG

IMG_1219.JPG

IMG_1220.JPG

IMG_1218.JPG

IMG_1219.JPG

IMG_1220.JPG

Rychek

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
I'm glad you had a good experience with Eheim customer support. I spent all morning fighting an Eheim 2213, trying to find the correct o-rings for the male end of the Double Tap connectors. Now that I've got the correct rings, they work perfectly. I wish I had thought of contacting Eheim. :)

Rychek

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
I'm not entirely certain what happened to the rings. I had the filter in my garage for a few years while I was on hiatus from the hobby and I suspect my boys (current ages 6 and 4) might have decided to play with them at some point. That is usually what happens when something breaks or goes missing around here.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store