FISH DISEASE Pictures and Info

powellp

Feeder Fish
Oct 26, 2007
South Jordan Ut
I am wondering if somebody can help me Identify these white spots on my Oto? I noticed them a few days ago and I have since quarantined him/her. I am just not sure what it is or how to treat it.
It looks like a fungus, I don't believe that it is ich because it is in patches

steveracer16

Feeder Fish
Sep 16, 2007
So. California
I have patching on one of mine as well. However, I have come to the conclusion they are skuff marks from jamming into tight spots through out the day creating wear marks.
What are your water parameters? Nitrates? How often do you do water changes? Do you house discus in the same tank keeping water extra warm(30-32C)? If yes, I do not think it is fungus.

WaterBaby

Jack Dempsey
Nov 13, 2007
Florence, NJ
Ibn;15161; said:
Nice pictures so far. The cardinals look like they're showing symptoms from columnaris (check out that banding).
Great pics! I have to agree with this quote. Looks like Columnaris. Definite "saddleback" band.

Michele

Cookieman00x

Feeder Fish
Nov 27, 2007
Philly
Im new here. I registered because it seems like you guys know what your talking about. I have a recently set up tank (4 months ago). One of the fish had this disease. So I snapped a few pics. Any suggestions would be appriciated. Thanks PS sorry for the crappy pics, its my phone...

iwan

Feeder Fish
Oct 31, 2007
BURGOS
hi... I'm newbie too...
i have 4 goldfishes...
2 orandas, 1 calico and 1 black ranchu...

but now, all my fish have white spot..
i still need some tips and advice from you guys...
thx before...

beyond

Feeder Fish
Jan 7, 2008
ontario
Whats wrong with my bosami rainbow?

Hi all,

New to this forum, I joined since I just noticed one of my bosami rainbow fish has some wierd gold colored patches on it. He seems to be eating but he sits on the bottom with his fins clamped.

Anyone know what this could be? I have included two pictures of the fish with the disease,and one how my other bosami rainbow fish look, for comparison. The first picture is without flash, and the colors are more correct, but the second shows more detail (at the loss of proper coloration)

My water chemistry as of about 3 days ago (will do this again shortly), is:
Ph: 7.8
NH3/NH4: 0-0.6
NO3: 5
NO2: 0.1
Phosphate: 0.25

I just introduced a group of 3 clown loaches to the aquarium, after they finished their stay in quarantine. The loaches, along with the other tank inhabitants are all healthy.

Sorry for the fuzzyness, even when they are sick they wont stay in one place long enough for you to focus and take a picture.

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

nettikali

Feeder Fish
Jun 28, 2009
Pueblo
HELP. Something is killing my fish.

I dont know what I have- I just know its bad. I lost the last fish tonight. I took it to Petsmart to see if they had any books on diseases and the staff was shocked at how the fish looked. The white patches are missing skin clear down to the muscle. It makes me think of some sort of flesh eating virus. I havent been able to find any information online. If anyone has any thoughts or information I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Alisha

DSC01906.JPG

DSC01907.JPG

DSC01909.JPG

mr.reef24

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2009
USA
s704.photobucket.com
this is a great thread I think to make it better do one like this for freshwater fish and one for saltwaterfish.

lance

Dez

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2007
Canada
some oscars get a sickness when there get to like 4yrs old its not that bad the name of it is hole in the hed and you will see lil holes in its hed it will not die from this.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store