Fish for a pond

wannaarro

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2006
Cape Fear River Basin
:mwave: :ROFL:

Tadpoles--tons and tons of tadpoles!!!!!!! And they're free, so their lives
don't matter, right? And they'll eat all the 'skeeters that stagnant, fetid water will attract.

Chad55

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2005
Michigan
Im still voting for guppies. Also the white clouds seem like a very good idea too. I heard they breed pretty easy. And Danios.

Chad

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
schoolmarm said:
:mwave: :ROFL:

Tadpoles--tons and tons of tadpoles!!!!!!! And they're free, so their lives
don't matter, right? And they'll eat all the 'skeeters that stagnant, fetid water will attract.
Almost all tadpoles eat algae, not insects, guppies or gambisia will act as mosquito control, get cheap ones, or some of the smaller tilapia like T. bemini. He will still be better off with some type of circulater and I doubt the tomatoes will do well due to either rootrot or lack of enough nutrients.

kissme_419

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2006
Flint, Michigan
He said there was something in the fish's poop that would help to make the green on the tomatoe to grow. I;m not sure why he wants to do that, but that's what he asked.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
I saw (many years ago) an Isreali article where tomatoes were being grown in nylon baskets suspended bareroot in troughs of recirculating water that was also being used to raise two species of tilapia, maybe he wants something likethat, they still trickle fed the tomatoes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store